The goals of the service-learning course are to:
- enhance student academic learning through real-world experiences,
- increase students’ sense of civic identity and awareness of Hong Kong culture,
- nurture socially responsible future leaders,
- support meaningful projects that positively impact communities, and
- provide students the opportunity to holistically participate and ethically discuss a wide range of social issues in Hong Kong.
The course aims to:
- enhance students’ empathy and critical thinking skills.
- use a whole person approach to language enhancement by strengthening students’ existing knowledge of English presentation skills.
- empower students to reflect on how their actions may positively impact the global and local community in preparation for them becoming a global citizen.
Advisory: Priority will be given to non-local students and those who do not speak Cantonese. All services will be conducted in English.